Here’s what happened on her way home from 2019 Worlds where she had won 6 medals. 😊
Jessica Howard was a 3-time National Champion from Florida.
At the Ranch in 1999 she was abused by the criminal doctor.
The ranch turned out to be a nightmare. Jessica was there solely to see Nassar for a week, not to train, and she felt isolated, especially since no parents were allowed there. “It was like a prison on an island where you couldn’t escape.”
She was the perfect target for a predator …
Rosie Cossar is a Canadian Olympian from the 2012 Games.
Today Rosie’s a spokesperson for the Canadian Olympic Committee in its new program to combat homophobia in sports.
Artistic July 27 – 31. Rhythmic August 2 – 5. Trampoline August 4 – 5.
1. Zach Clay (Chilliwack, B.C.)
2. René Cournoyer (Repentigny, Que.)
3. Justin Karstadt (Etobicoke, Ont.)
4. Cory Paterson (Oakville, Ont.)
5. Sam Zakutney (Ottawa, Ont.)
6. Ed Van Hoof (Luton, Great Britain) – Head Coach
7. Jean-Sebastien Tougas (Montreal, Que.) – Team Coach
1. Ellie Black (Halifax, N.S.)
2. Shallon Olsen (Surrey, B.C.)
3. Brooklyn Moors (Cambridge, Ont.)
4. Ana Padurariu (Whitby, Ont.)
5. Victoria Woo (Brossard, Que.)
6. David Kikuchi (Truro, N.S.) – Team Coach
7. Lorie Henderson (Winnipeg, Man.) – Team Coach
8. Elvira Saadi (Cambridge, Ont.) – Personal Coach
“I had the most amazing experience at TORONTO 2015, so I cannot wait to make Canada proud with this team. It will be a great stepping stone …
Dave and Lorie are already named Olympic coaches regardless of who qualifies for Canada’s team to Tokyo 2020.
1. Natalie Garcia (Mississauga, Ont.) – Individual
2. Katherine Uchida (Toronto, Ont.) – Individual
3. Carmel Kallemaa (Toronto, Ont.) – Group
4. Diana Noskova (Concord, Ont.) – Group
5. Vanessa Panov (Toronto, Ont.) – Group
6. Carmen Whelan (Aurora, Ont.) – Group
7. Alexandra Zilyuk (Richmond Hill, Ont.) – Group
8. Stefka Moutafchieva (Woodbridge, Ont.) – Individual Coach
9. Mira Filipova (Toronto, Ont.) – Group Coach
1. Sarah Milette (Longueuil, Que.)
2. Sophiane Méthot (La Prairie, Que.)
3. Jason Burnett (Nobleton, Ont.)
4. Jérémy Chartier (Montreal, Que.)
5. Karina Kosko (Deux-Montagnes, Que.) – Coach
6. Martin Myers (Toronto, Ont.) – Coach
Jason Burnett is coming back from an ankle sprain.
Men’s Artistic – COACH: Tony Smith – Calgary, AB
Jeremy Bartholomeusz; Jake Bonnay; Damien Cachia
Women’s Artistic – COACH: Chris Licameli – Southeast Missouri State
Jessica Dowling; Alana Fischer; Denelle Pedrick
Rhythmic – Alexandra Chtrevenskii – Montreal, QC (Concordia)
Belgium does a terrific job hosting major meets.
Rhythmic Worlds will go in Valencia from 4-10 September 2023.
Trampoline Worlds to Birmingham 9-12 November 2023 followed by World Age Group Competitions from 16-19 November.
Shared by photographer Ricardo Bufolin.
The National Olympic Committee’s head physicians and the medical teams of the Local Organising Committee of the Olympic Games reported daily the occurrence (or non-occurrence) of newly sustained injuries in artistic, rhythmic and trampoline gymnastics on a standardised report form during the 2008, 2012 and 2016 Summer Olympic Games.
During the three Olympic Games, 81 injuries were reported in a total of 963 registered gymnasts …
Thirty-eight per cent of injuries led to time-loss from sport. The most frequent injury location and injury type were the ankle (22%) and sprain (35%), respectively. …
Cost of the full article is $37.