It’s called the Ariake Gymnastic Centre. Home of Artistic, Rhythmic and Trampoline. 12,000 person capacity.
More photos on Facebook.
Click PLAY or watch it on YouTube.
Jessica Howard was a 3-time National Champion from Florida.
At the Ranch in 1999 she was abused by the criminal doctor.
The ranch turned out to be a nightmare. Jessica was there solely to see Nassar for a week, not to train, and she felt isolated, especially since no parents were allowed there. “It was like a prison on an island where you couldn’t escape.”
She was the perfect target for a predator …
Rosie Cossar is a Canadian Olympian from the 2012 Games.
Today Rosie’s a spokesperson for the Canadian Olympic Committee in its new program to combat homophobia in sports.
Artistic July 27 – 31. Rhythmic August 2 – 5. Trampoline August 4 – 5.
1. Zach Clay (Chilliwack, B.C.)
2. René Cournoyer (Repentigny, Que.)
3. Justin Karstadt (Etobicoke, Ont.)
4. Cory Paterson (Oakville, Ont.)
5. Sam Zakutney (Ottawa, Ont.)
6. Ed Van Hoof (Luton, Great Britain) – Head Coach
7. Jean-Sebastien Tougas (Montreal, Que.) – Team Coach
1. Ellie Black (Halifax, N.S.)
2. Shallon Olsen (Surrey, B.C.)
3. Brooklyn Moors (Cambridge, Ont.)
4. Ana Padurariu (Whitby, Ont.)
5. Victoria Woo (Brossard, Que.)
6. David Kikuchi (Truro, N.S.) – Team Coach
7. Lorie Henderson (Winnipeg, Man.) – Team Coach
8. Elvira Saadi (Cambridge, Ont.) – Personal Coach
“I had the most amazing experience at TORONTO 2015, so I cannot wait to make Canada proud with this team. It will be a great stepping stone …
Dave and Lorie are already named Olympic coaches regardless of who qualifies for Canada’s team to Tokyo 2020.
1. Natalie Garcia (Mississauga, Ont.) – Individual
2. Katherine Uchida (Toronto, Ont.) – Individual
3. Carmel Kallemaa (Toronto, Ont.) – Group
4. Diana Noskova (Concord, Ont.) – Group
5. Vanessa Panov (Toronto, Ont.) – Group
6. Carmen Whelan (Aurora, Ont.) – Group
7. Alexandra Zilyuk (Richmond Hill, Ont.) – Group
8. Stefka Moutafchieva (Woodbridge, Ont.) – Individual Coach
9. Mira Filipova (Toronto, Ont.) – Group Coach
1. Sarah Milette (Longueuil, Que.)
2. Sophiane Méthot (La Prairie, Que.)
3. Jason Burnett (Nobleton, Ont.)
4. Jérémy Chartier (Montreal, Que.)
5. Karina Kosko (Deux-Montagnes, Que.) – Coach
6. Martin Myers (Toronto, Ont.) – Coach
Jason Burnett is coming back from an ankle sprain.
Men’s Artistic – COACH: Tony Smith – Calgary, AB
Jeremy Bartholomeusz; Jake Bonnay; Damien Cachia
Women’s Artistic – COACH: Chris Licameli – Southeast Missouri State
Jessica Dowling; Alana Fischer; Denelle Pedrick
Rhythmic – Alexandra Chtrevenskii – Montreal, QC (Concordia)
Belgium does a terrific job hosting major meets.
Rhythmic Worlds will go in Valencia from 4-10 September 2023.
Trampoline Worlds to Birmingham 9-12 November 2023 followed by World Age Group Competitions from 16-19 November.
Shared by photographer Ricardo Bufolin.