Click PLAY or watch first half of her prelims routine on Instagram.
Click PLAY or watch it on Tumblr.
Ellie watered down some of her routines, prelims being not critical for her qualifying to the final. But she looked great. Well coached. Her new Floor choreography is excellent.
1. Ellie Black 55.517
2. Rose-Kaying Woo 53.734
3. Brooklyn Moors 52.601
Most of the contenders for the Worlds team were trying not to “win” prelims.
Here’s my summary of the big stories of the night:
• Senior women looked very good overall. Canada has some depth in choosing the six women who will compete at home Worlds 2017.
• Ellie and Isabela Onyshko are training with the goal of representing in the AA. In fact all 5 of the Rio Olympians competed.
• Bela had the top Beam score 14.034 (5.60), always so pretty to watch. Unfortunately she scored 7.200 on Bars. Yep. On a full routine. You don’t want to know how that happened. Vault was also not great. But I’ve learned not to underestimate Isabela. She is such a hard worker this will simply motivate her to crush it next time.
• Rose Woo looked good. Top 5 on all 4 apparatus.
• Brooklyn Moors was the most astonishing gymnast of the night. Her handspring double front half out on Floor was perfect in warm-ups and competition. The most exciting skill of the night. She loves the front tumbling.
Here’s Brooklyn’s handspring front on Beam. (5.40 D-score)
• Brittany Rogers is amazing. She’s been trying to finish school at Georgia training only when the Team is not training. Yet shows up at Nationals with a 6.00 start score on Bars!
Click PLAY or watch Brit on Instagram.
• If you are already drafting the Canadian team, be sure to include Shallon Olsen. Super tough. And the Olympic Vault finalist was cleaner today on both Vaults, I thought. (no Amanar)
Click PLAY or watch Shallon’s DTY on Instagram. Small step.
• I was very happy to see Jessica Dowling tied for 2nd on Bars. I believe she’s eldest competitor. Always one of my favourites.
• I don’t know Laurie Denommée. But I should. She mounts with double layout full on Floor. Second pass double layout!
The rest of the field was super too. We saw Bhardwaj, Hecht back tuck off Bars, …
Watch more video on the Worlds Montréal Instagram.
More difficulty than most top routines today.
Click PLAY or watch it on YouTube.
Click PLAY or watch it on YouTube. (9.625)
Click PLAY or watch Lari’s Beam on YouTube.
via Gymternet Clan
Click PLAY or watch it on Facebook.