Cedrick Willian on Gym Blog Brazil posted an important update on Valeri.
The original is in Portuguese. Here are some points I gleaned from Google Translate:
– short term goal is Tokyo 2020. Long term is important, as well.
– National Team training camp was Jan 7-17th
– no more weighing gymnasts
– nutritional orientation
– buffet at camp offered juice and dessert (yes, dessert!)
– doctors, physiotherapists, nutritionists, physical trainers and biomechanist involved
– first day medical assessment and specific skills test
– other days training: morning 08:30 to 12:30, afternoon 15:30 to 18:30.
– Saturday morning only and Sunday off
– all apparatus each day. Ballet and choreography rotations
– Brazil travels to WOGA Jan 28th – Feb 10th
– Jr and Sr team members will compete WOGA Classic in February
– the feeling is that the doors are open for everyone who aspires to National Team