While it might be rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, no doubt some future organization replacing USAG can use some of the existing policies and procedures.
USA Gymnastics Karen Golz, Board chair:
Top Priorities for the next CEO:
- Work to ensure the safety of athletes.
- Lead an organizational transformation to rebuild trust and move the organization forward in a positive and inclusive manner.
- Ensure transparency in USA Gymnastics operations to build organizational and public trust.
- Experience leading cultural change, organizational transformation or turnaround in a complex setting.
- Experience in gymnastics, either as an athlete, coach, parent or administrator.
- Proven stakeholder management skills; history of working effectively with a board and a diverse constituent base or membership organization.
- Unquestioned integrity, credibility and character.
- Strong, transparent communicator and motivator.
- Knowledgeable about gymnastics and USA Gymnastics as an organization.
- Team-oriented and collaborative.
Read the full statement.