I do like them using the word ETHICS as it includes much more than just protecting athletes from predators.
The creation of this new structure, called the “Gymnastics Ethics Foundation”, will be put to a vote of the FIG’s national member federations at the next Congress, to be held in Baku (AZE) on 2-3 December 2018. …
According to the Constitution of the Foundation, it will have responsibility for:
– monitoring the good governance and ethical principles of the FIG;
– managing disciplinary procedures;
– safeguarding athletes and other participants in Gymnastics from harassment and abuse. …
The Foundation will be made up of three sections:
– A Safeguarding section, including a helpdesk for reporting any case of harassment or abuse. This section will be responsible for carrying out an initial assessment of any complaints, accusations and facts reported. It will also provide legal support if needed.
– A Disciplinary section which will include the two disciplinary bodies already in place, the Disciplinary Commission and Appeal Tribunal.
– A Compliance section to monitor good governance and ethical principles of the FIG.