Here’s another very well edited tutorial from the Saving Tenths YouTube channel.
I’ll add a couple of additional points for KAS:
- it’s important that coaches of BEGINNERS understand the relationship between cartwheel (early) and twisting (later). If one decides the direction of cartwheel — then later decides a different direction of twist, this particular vault is going to be difficult or impossible.
- cartwheel with the right hand forward requires a right twist in all saltos
- cartwheel with the left hand forward requires a left twist in all saltos
- I like to post a chart on the wall where all coaches know cartwheel hand and twist direction of every competitive athlete in the program
- ideally I’d like to do all the progressions in this video — but in the layout position first into the pit. Use the tuck position only if needed for competition that season. Layout is the goal. I’d go back to layout as soon as season ends.
Click PLAY or watch it on YouTube.