Dave Tilley interviews one of his medical colleagues on the topic.
Lenny Macrina on reducing ACL injuries. Lenny is a Physical Therapist, Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach, and a highly acclaimed researcher.
Click PLAY or watch it on YouTube. (1hr)
Some highlights posted on the Masters of Sport Facebook group:
- The weak point in the chain is the growth plate.
- We must do better time management with how many hours we are asking adolescent athletes to train.
- We need periodization more than ever! Athletes need the time to rest, athletes need the time to recover.
- How much is too much?
- Base line data helps reduce the risk of injury
- Teaching proper jump and landing techniques can reduce the rate of injury …
- … safe landing asks for the feet to be should width apart
- Use all muscle groups to help land
- The Code of Points is aesthetically based, not medically based.