Six organizations were recognized as the official representatives of their sport for the International Olympic Committee:
– International Cheer Union (ICU)
– International Federation of Muaythai Associations (IFMA)
– International Sambo Federation (FIAS)
– International Federation Icestocksport (IFI)
– World Association of Kickboxing Organisations (WAKO)
– World Lacrosse (WL)
The International Cheer Union was founded 2004.
Membership includes 116 national cheer federations on all continents – reaching over 5 million athletes globally.
Unlike some other major Cheer organizations, ICU is non-profit.
They offer coach education and certification. Officials and judge training.