Dave Tilley is a coach and sports medicine professional. His goals:
1. Provide gymnasts with healthier, more successful, and more extended careers.
2. Provide coaches, medical professionals, parents, and support staff with more education on how to help gymnasts achieve goal 1.
In Dave’s experience the high rates of injury and drop out in WAG are due in part to …
• questionable methods for motivating gymnasts
• inappropriate flexibility techniques
• suboptimal strength and cardio programs
• insanely high skill repetition requirements, or lack of attention to athlete recovery
• training methods that are applied without a sound basis of coaching rationale or scientific evidence
• a lack of collaborative and interdisciplinary approaches to gymnastics training
Dave’s made his book free. Click through to download. If you can’t read the entire book, work through Dave’s “Take Away Points” at the end of each chapter.
The book is 3 PDFs.