FIG WTC Newsletter N° 37 – April 2015:
d) Repeat their entire exercise (without deduction) with approval by the Superior Jury:
– if the exercise has been interrupted for reasons beyond their control or responsibility,
– if a handguard (grip) is significantly torn causing a fall, or interruption. The gymnast must immediately show the broken handguard (grip) to the D1 judge before leaving the podium in order to receive permission to repeat the exercise
Note: A gymnast may repeat the entire exercise at the end of the rotation, or if she is the last gymnast in the rotation, at a time at the discretion of the SJ.
BARS Fall Timing:
During a fall from the apparatus, an interruption of 30 seconds is allowed before the gymnast must remount the uneven bars to continue the exercise.
– If the gymnast exceeds the allowable time to resume her exercise, a – 0.30 P. neutral deduction for excessive time will be applied if the gymnast continues her exercise. …
– If the gymnast has not resumed within 60 seconds, the exercise will be terminated …
BEAM Fall Timing:
For interruption of the exercise due to a fall from the apparatus, an intermediate time period of 10 seconds is allowed.
– If the gymnast exceeds the allowable time to resume her exercise a -0.30 P. neutral deduction for excessive time will be applied if the gymnast continues her exercise …
– If the gymnast has not resumed within 60 seconds, the exercise will be terminated.