Another great post from Anne Josephson:
1. Who is upset in this situation: me or my child?
2. Is my child in serious physical, emotional or psychological danger?
3. Can my child handle this herself?
4. Is there a difference in power between my child and the person/people causing her problem?
5. Do I need to intervene immediately or can it wait?
It’s a learned skill.
6. Do I need to intervene immediately or can it wait?
7. Am I parenting from a place of fear?
related – GET PSYCHED! – It’s Only Gymnastics:
Last week I heard a story about a family who got kicked out of a gymnastics competition because the father caused a huge emotional scene during his daughter’s competition. …