The perfect 10 blog posted this list in 2005 assessing why College girls can draw a bigger crowd than almost any other gymnastics competition.
Top Ten Reasons Why Womenâ€™s NCAA Gymnastics is So Popular
1. Crowd involvement.
2. The enthusiasm & emotion of the athletes.
3. The floor routines. The choreography and crowd appeal of womenâ€™s NCAA floor routines is unsurpassed.
4. The ease with which the audience can understand the scores.
5. The artistry & beauty of the gymnastics.
6. Team loyalty.
7. Stuck landings.
8. Most of the athletes are older.
9. Fan base.
10. Television coverage.
A more recent post lists the top 10 highlights of NCAA Women’s Championships in Salt Lake City 2007.
I am on my way to the Canadian Gymnastics Championships in Regina, population 180,000. Lets see what kind of audience we attract.