next great Gymnastics movie

A kickstarter proposal:

Join Maddy Curley in making the next great Gymnastics Movie: CHALK IT UP!

CHALK IT UP is a family friendly gymnastics film about a girl named Hannah, who overcomes her past to build a very unlikely team of misfit gymnasts at Harvard University. …

Click PLAY or watch it on kickstarter.

details

The goal is donations totalling $110,000.

Madelyn “Maddy” Jane Curley is an American actress and former gymnast. She competed for North Carolina Tar Heels. …

Curley played gymnast Mina Hoyt in the 2006 film Stick It

(via Dominique Moceanu on Facebook)

#1 Clinton on 05.29.13 at 3:47 am

Looks good … except for the 90′s attitude towards age.

#2 Katlin on 05.29.13 at 5:49 am

So she won worlds 2 years in a row but was 13…….

#3 Jennifer on 05.29.13 at 8:46 am

I wasn’t aware that there was a great Gymnastics Movie…

#4 coach Rick on 05.29.13 at 9:18 am

White Palms. :-)

#5 wordsmith on 05.29.13 at 12:08 pm

I’m still waiting for Gymkata II….

#6 Art on 05.29.13 at 4:37 pm

When will someone do a good new mens gymnastics film? Or possibly an acro film?

#7 jenny on 05.29.13 at 8:09 pm

Jennifer that is exactly what I was coming to say. lol

Stick it was stupid and if this girl is starring in this movie then it will never get in movies because she cannot act at all.

#8 mike cates on 05.29.13 at 8:48 pm

Hey come on! Let’s look on thet Bright Side of Gymnastics !!! She will do her Best Film and then someone will and before you know it there will be a Gymnastic Film up for an Oscar! Best philosophy The Cup is Half Full!!! Go for it Madelyn! Broadway Gymnastic School is rooting you on GO FOR YOUR DREAMS!!Michael

#9 Jennifer on 05.30.13 at 8:10 am

Jenny,
My sarcasm aside, I must admit that “American Anthem” is a guilty pleasure. Maybe I’m delusional, but I think a movie about REAL gymnastics could be fantastic. Don’t we all hold our breath when we watch major competitions? You can’t make up drama like that!

#10 ML on 05.30.13 at 10:49 am

Art,
Look up Pioneers by Larry Denham, he really really wants to make that a film.

Go Maddy!

#11 Holly on 05.30.13 at 12:38 pm

Jennifer- I totally agree re: the movie about REAL gymnastics. I’ll support anything gymnastics related of course however.

Side note- Anyone know where I can watch the second season of the Italian gymnastics reality show? It aired on MTV in Italy.

#12 jenny on 05.30.13 at 7:36 pm

This looks like a bad TV movie by lifetime and judging by what we saw it doesn’t look like they will have anyone in the movie that can act.

#13 chris on 05.31.13 at 1:14 am

im starting a webpage to raise money to stop this movie from being made, total face palm.

there are so many good true stories in women’s gymnastics you could make a movie about, yet this is the trash we get.

notice the two good gym movies we have are about men?

white palms & jump asin
both close to true events

#14 Jennifer on 05.31.13 at 7:21 am

It seems like there are only two types of women’s gymnastics movies/tv, the farcical soap opera (Stick It, MIOBI) or the melodramatic eating disorder/abusive coach Lifetime drivel. I’m not trying to say that elements of both don’t exist in “real” gymnastics, but there is so much more to it. We should band together and make our own Kickstarter to do it right! ;)

#15 TCO on 06.03.13 at 11:08 pm

1. The brown haired one was hot.

2. HS wrestling has Vision Quest and Win Win. That’s 2-0 versus gym. ;)