Nick Blanton and crew are building an addition to their Gym in New Brunswick.
An original design and custom build I created… Sunken Parallel Bars and a one-of-a-kind, “In-Ground Parallel Blocks Station“. Only gym in the world to have it All soon to be carpet-bonded and padded up!
A group of athletes and coaches from Alberta trained in China this summer. They told me the biggest gap between the Canadians and Chinese boys of the same age is Parallel Bars. Since their return, Elijah’s working hard to upgrade P Bars and H Bar.
1. Tomomasa Hasegawa – Busnari 1 , Busnari 2
2. Kohei Uchimura – Quadruple twisting double layout back
3. Mathias Fahrig – Double Arabian piked with 540
4. Kenzo Shirai – Quadruple twist
5. Prashanth Sellathurai – Magyar Spindle between pommel’s
6. John Orozco or Marvin Kimble – Kip with 180 + Stretched tkachev with 540
7. Bart Deurloo – Kip with 180 + Kollman + Kovacs + Cassina + Gienger over the bar
8. Jake Dalton – double back with 2,5 twist’s
9. Makoto Okiguchi – salto back with 2,5 + front with 180 + salto back with 720
10. Kenzo Shirai – salto front with 360 + salto front with 1080
11. Hak Seon Yang – Tsukahara stretched with 1260
12. Steven Legendre – quadruple twisting double layout
13. Aleksandr Balandin – Balandin to support planche
14. Hiroshi – Kip with 180 + Suarez
15. Claudio Capelli – Bilozerchev + Heally from 1 bar
16. Andreas? Bretschneider – Kovacs with 720
17. Bobby Baker – Full twisting double front
18. Epke Zonderland – Zonderland + Heally + Shimitsu to front
19. Max Whitlock – 2 loops 3 russians – G ; Busnari – G
20. Kenzo Shirai – Yurchenko with 1080
21. Michael Newburger – Driggs with 180
22. Ramadan Zahran – Pineda to inverted swallow
23. Petrix Barbosa – Basket with salto – Tejada
24. Jossimir Calvo Moreno – Tsukahara dismount from end of the parallel bars
25. Yusuke Tanaka – Kollman + Rybalko
26. Kazuhito Tanaka – Triple back dismount
Love it. Note that beginners may stay straighter (like Free Hip) and later increase the amount of hip flexion (like Stalder). The Stalder style is more powerful, if they have the physical ability for it.
Great Britain takes the … 2013 men’s team title with 169.55 points, followed by Russia (167.3), Italy, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Hungary, the Netherlands and Turkey.
Britain’s Brinn Bevan maintains his first subdivision lead in all-around qualification with 84.75. Chasing him in the final will be his teammate Nile Wilson (83.75), Russians Valentin Starikov and Kirill Potapov.
Fifth in all-around qualification (not including the third Russian, who was technically fifth), is Turkey’s Ahmet Onder, a brand-new face on the international scene.