According to the latest update from The All Around, here are the highest BAR scores of the year:
1. Ashton Locklear (USA) 15,600 US Classic (0.1 stick bonus)
2. Rebecca Downie (GBR) 15,500 Europeans EF
3. Yao Jinnan (CHN) 15,500 China Ch AA
4. Larrissa Miller (AUS) 15,475 AUS Ch Day 2
5. Rebecca Tunney (GBR) 15,400 British Ch EF
6. Shang Chunsong (CHN) 15,400 China Ch AA
Ashton is great, but not in the same league as Aliya or these other 5 routines if compared by the same judging panel. The Classics judges got a little too excited.
Still, Marta needs consistent and high scoring Bar routines. Ashton’s got a chance to be selected for Worlds 2014 if consistent enough.
Long term, stoop Stalder elements need to be devalued by FIG. Or the gymnasts deducted correctly 0.1 for flexed feet.
Click PLAY or watch Yao Jinnan on YouTube. D7.0 + E8.434 = 15.634 (+0.2 bonus) … or was the final score actually 15,500?
Click PLAY or watch Rebecca Downie on YouTube.
Click PLAY or watch Ashton on YouTube.
6.6 + 9.1 + 0.1 bonus = 15.60