Claudia Fragapane is AWESOME

My new favourite elite FX routine. (Sorry Victoria.)

Click PLAY or watch it on YouTube.

Who’s the choreographer?

via GymFever

#1 Sylvester on 05.15.14 at 3:59 pm

Where are her legs?

#2 Sylvester on 05.15.14 at 6:04 pm

As in camera angle. Some work needs to be done in getting a better dimensional portrait . Maybe adjust for a gymnast’s height .

#3 Claudia Fragapane is AWESOME | Gymnastics News Network. on 05.15.14 at 6:51 pm

[…] Claudia Fragapane is AWESOME […]

#4 Laura Marcella on 05.15.14 at 8:10 pm

I love this floor routine!! I hope Claudia medals in the final. This Great Britain team (Juniors & Seniors) is keeping everyone on their toes! What an exciting European Championships already.

#5 Alisa on 05.15.14 at 9:51 pm

This is fantastic. Finally a FX with drama & fun choreo. This is what we need more of to make the sport more enjoyable to watch

#6 balabanov11 on 05.15.14 at 10:06 pm

this proves that choreography that emphasizes a girl’s strengths (power, bounce), hides her flaws (lack of line), and USES THE MUSIC AND THE ACCENTS AND RHYTHMS THEREIN can make anyone look terrific on floor. This is great great work by the choreographer, and by her in NOT sacrificing the musical accents to rest for the tumbling!
Love it.

#7 Kate on 05.16.14 at 12:59 am

I wasn’t completely sold on the choreo in the beginning, but all the choreography in the lower right corner of the mat changed my mind. It was very unique and it worked with the music. It definitely catches your eye. Plus she gets bonus points for doing a jump/leap that is not some version of split. (Never thought I’s miss multi-twisting cat leaps)

#8 Christian on 05.16.14 at 3:01 am

Sylvester this is an amateur video (well I don’t know what piibunina’s actual job is, but it’s not official coverage). Didn’t Courtney Kupets use this music in college? I like Claudia’s version better though (despite my love of all things Kupets).

#9 KI on 05.16.14 at 5:03 am

She looks like your typical American gymnast. All tumbling but no grace or elegance. USA style gymnastics is taking over Europe. Goodbye to our beautiful sport.

#10 Sylvester on 05.16.14 at 7:02 am

ok – Christian .GB has been putting out official vids & I mistook this for one of those . She is on the short legged side but I thought no not that much .

KI – it is more expressive than what I have sen of US . But it also looks -more painful. body slams remind me of tge foam girls used to wear for bars or korbuts.

#11 Claudia Fragapane – Floor — Gymnastics Coaching.com on 05.17.14 at 12:36 pm

[…] In Team Finals. Even BETTER than prelims. […]

#12 Christian on 05.17.14 at 7:00 pm

Claudia’s choreography is unique, innovative and fits perfectly with the music, both stylistically and rhythmically. None of the above apply to, say, Alla Sosnitskaya.