The best thing that can happen to kids during formative is to find healthy passions. Like sport.
The alternatives for bored youth are scary.
1. If you choose to wear shirts that show off your boobs, you will attract boys. To be more specific, you will attract the kind of boys that like to look down girls’ shirts.
2. Don’t go to the tanning bed.
3. When you talk about your friends “anonymously” on Facebook, we know exactly who you’re talking about.
4. Newsflash: the number of times you say “I hate drama” is a pretty good indicator of how much you love drama.
5. “Follow your heart” is probably the worst advice ever.
6. Never let a man make you feel weak or inferior because you are an emotional being.
7. Smoking is not cool.
8. Stop saying things like, “I don’t care what anyone thinks about me.”
9. Don’t play coy or stupid or helpless to get attention.
10. You are beautiful. You are enough.
That popular blog post led to a book deal. In fact, the release date for 3 follow-up books is summer 2014.