coach in Canada

The economy is good in the Great White North. Gyms are full.

In fact most of the socialist democracies are doing well economically. Denmark, Finland and the Netherlands ranked happiest in a recent report by the Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development. Canadians are generally happy, too. :)

The past week I’ve been a guest coach at Taiso Gymnastics, Saskatoon, one of the top Men’s Artistic clubs in the country. Taiso has a full-time position available working alongside Head Coach Markos Baikos with National and International competitors.

Click PLAY or watch some P Bars / Pommel training on YouTube.

Markos has dozens of good kids including international Seniors Jayd Lukenchuk and Anderson Loran. But he needs help. Email office (a) taiso.ca if you might be interested in a job.

_____

Two of the best coaches I know, Susan and Kelly Manjak, are opening a new High Performance gym in Toronto — Manjak’s Gymnastics. WAG and MAG.

signage going up this week

The club is HIRING. :) This is a terrific opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast rising elevator.

And it’s a for profit business — not a “non-profit Society”. A big plus for those coaches frustrated working for a volunteer Board of parents.

_____

Gymnastics Canada is still advertising for a new Men’s National Coach.

related – more coaching jobs in Canada

Leave a comment if you’ve links to other Canuck jobs.

#1 Valentin on 10.24.12 at 9:43 pm

WHY!!!!! why must these jobs come up now, and not 4 months ago!

#2 Coach S on 10.24.12 at 10:52 pm

I wonder why the Manjak’s were fired from Oakville?

#3 coach Rick on 10.24.12 at 11:51 pm

I believe they negotiated a buy out. Looking to do their own thing rather than work for a manager and parent Board.

#4 Coach S on 10.25.12 at 2:15 am

Interesting. The local gossip around here is that they were fired right as they were leaving for Olympic trials.

#5 coach Rick on 10.25.12 at 8:49 am

If I get the real story from Kelly and Sue, I’ll post it. But I assume they have a non-disclosure clause as part of the settlement.

#6 KC on 10.26.12 at 6:57 am

What’s more interesting is how many kids have followed them? Any athlete that was coached directly by them for more than 1 year either moved to be with former Oakville coach Lorne Bobkin at Futures or stayed at Oakville. Why didn’t any of their long term high performance kids follow them? How many kids quit or moved because of them in their time at Oakville? Why did Lorne leave Oakville? These are the more important questions to ask.

#7 coach Rick on 10.26.12 at 10:26 am

Manjaks is not open yet. The first batch of equipment arrived yesterday.

I expect some of their girls from Oakville will end up there. But that Kelly & Sue consider this a new beginning.

Recall Kelly left a thriving program and an Olympic Champion at Altadore in 2004. To start something NEW.

#8 TippingCows on 10.26.12 at 1:07 pm

If only I knew something about the system in Canada.

#9 KC on 10.26.12 at 5:41 pm

Rick your loyalty is admirable if somewhat misguided (IMO). There is allways more than one side to every story!! I will leave it at that. Good luck to them and the families that chose to put their children in their hands.

#10 Kyle Shewfelt on 10.27.12 at 9:44 am

I was coached by Kelly for 20 Years and I had an incredible experience. Just sayin’…

#11 coach Rick on 10.27.12 at 11:23 am